Period of implementation: January – December, 2009
The overall goal of the project is to raise the awareness among legal professionals and the public on the judiciary’s and criminal justice response to corruption and ultimately to contribute to a society free of corruption where all individuals enjoy equal treatment.The project Corruption Trial Monitoring Programme will measure whether there is an improvement in the implementation of the existing laws and how efficient the legal procedure in the judiciary is.
- To conduct a corruption trial monitoring programme
- To gather data from the corruption trial monitoring programme
- To prepare and publish analytical report and to raise the public awareness on the criminal justice response to corruption
Slavica Dimitrievska – Program Director
- Civil Rights Defenders (former Swedish Helsinki Committee)
- Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in the Republic of Macedonia