The Legal Support Office of CSOs provides legal counseling to civil society organizations that are unable to use professional services. and they face a problem related to the following legal issues:
- Revision and improvement of the organization’s internal acts (statute, rulebooks, rules of procedure, policies and procedures);
- The procedure for registering, changing and deleting the associations and foundations from the Central Registry of the Republic of Macedonia;
- Responsibilities of CSOs as employers in the field of labor, safety and health at work;
- Tax obligations and legal aspects of civil organizations accounting;
- Intellectual Property Rights (Original and Related Rights, Trademarks, etc.)
- Personal data protection
- Free access to public information
- Referendum and other forms of direct decision making of the citizens
- Legal mechanisms for influencing legislation and policy making
- Legal risks to CSOs as organizers of events and public events
- Contractual obligations of CSOs as providers and consumers of goods and services
- Specific legal obligations arising from the specific target group with which the civil organization operates (eg Children, victims of domestic violence, migrants, persons deprived of their liberty).
How to get legal support?
A civil organization that needs legal support from the Office should fill out an on-line application form for legal support.
Civic organizations that can seek legal support from the Office are:
- Associations and foundations registered in accordance with the Law on Associations and Foundations whose annual budget for the previous year does not exceed 15,000,000 in MKD currency.
- Informal civic initiatives that are united for the purpose of achieving a certain social change.
- Independent labor unions on employment level
For more information, read the General Terms and Conditions of the Office, as well as the general project information available on the project partners’ websites.