The project is part of the program for granting the Institute for Democracy “Societas Civilis” (IDSCS) in cooperation with the Center for Economic Analyzes (CEA) within the project “Impact Assessment of the Regulations in shadow: Promoting Creation of Evidence-Based Policies”
Time of realization – January 2018 – October 2018
The main goal of the project is to monitor and evaluate the Impact Assessment of the Regulation on the quality of the proposed amendments to the Criminal Procedure Code and the Law of the Public Prosecutor’s Office. This is in direction of the complexity and significance of these laws with respect to the justice system.
The development of the RIA (Regulation Impact Assessment) process and its monitoring of the transparency of the process itself – would lead to greater participation of all stakeholders.
The project will be implemented through the following activities:
- Monitoring the transparency of the RIA process
- Evaluation of the quality of the implementation of the RIA process
- Analysis of the detected problems in the existing laws (criminal procedural law and the law of the Public Prosecutor’s Office)
- Analysis of the offered solutions and explanations in the RIA process
- Media and public promotion of findings and reports
- Determined level of compliance with the RIA process
- Comparative analysis of the proposed changes versus the detected problem