Period of implementation: March – December, 2009
This is a capacity building project for the Coalition “All for Fair Trials” and focusеs on implementation of our recommendations which are a result of the multi-year process of trial monitoring of cases related to organized crime in general, and more specifically trafficking in human beings and corruption.
The need for Coalition’s engagement in such an activity comes from recommendations from the 2008 Evaluation Report on the Trial Monitoring Programme of the Coalition. The Report underlines the need for the Coalition to become more active in contributing to the ongoing judicial reform process in the country and put an extra focus on the recommendations from its reports.
Project overall goal is to contribute to strengthening the role of the judiciary in order to appropriately address legislative and institutional needs in fighting organized crime.
- Meetings with concerned parties: Ministry of Justice, Macedonian judges association, the Training Academy for Judges and Prosecutors, Basic Courts, Public Prosecutors’ Office
- Signing of a Memorandum for cooperation with Academy for Judges and Prosecutors and a Memorandum for cooperation with the Ombudsman
- Organization of eight roundtable workshops with judges and prosecutors
- Presentations at Law Faculties in the country
- Organization of 2 press conferences
Slavica Dimitrievska – Program Director
- OSCE Spillover Monitor Mission to Skopje