Coalition “All for Fair Trials” in partnership with the Foundation Open Society Macedonia started the implementation of the project ,, Strengthening the capacities of investigative journalists in the areas of Chapter 23, with a focus on the judiciary” in the period from September 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021, with financial support from the Foundation Open Society Macedonia.
- Strengthening and enhancing capacities of journalists in the areas of Chapter 23, with a focus on the judiciary. This will contribute to objective and impartial public informing and documenting the fulfillment of the country’s obligations and the implemented reform processes, as a pre-condition for the accession of RNM to the EU.
- Strengthening the cooperation between civil society organizations and journalists.
- Raising public awareness of topics related to the role and impact of the judiciary
- Synergy-building activities between investigative journalists and civil society organizations with expertise in Chapter 23 areas, with a focus on the judiciary and the establishment of an Editorial Board
- Promoting inclusiveness and integrated approach to the selection of journalists, research story topics and providing legal expertise on relevant topics
- Conducting 6 thematic trainings for journalists
- Preparation of research stories (public call for research stories)
- Preparation of infographics, leaflets and online quizzes for the negotiation process and Chapter 23
- Realized 6 thematic trainings;
- Аt least 10 journalists trained to prepare investigative stories and reports on topics related to the judiciary and Chapter 23;
- Establishment of an Editorial Board with representatives of civil society organizations and journalists;
- Establishment of an Advisory Board;
- Preparation of 10 research stories on topics related to the judiciary and Chapter 23;
- Online campaign to raise public awareness of issues related to the judiciary and Chapter 23.
- Judicial bodies
- Civic sector
- General public (citizens of the Republic of Northern Macedonia)
Ivana Petkovska – Project coordinator
Foundation Open Society Macedonia