The Coalition “All for Fair Trials” started the implementation of the project “Monitoring of court proceedings in the basic courts in R. North Macedonia” with financial support from the Government of the Republic of North Macedonia.
Period of implementation: 01.08.2021-31.12.2021.
To support the judicial reform aimed at fully meeting the criteria set out in Chapter 23 by assessing the effectiveness of criminal and civil justice in the basic courts and monitoring the practical implementation of procedural guarantees set out in the Law on Criminal Procedure and Civil Procedure also and internationally accepted fair trial standards.
- Monitoring of 150 main hearings in the basic courts in the Republic of North Macedonia
- Utilization of the mechanism for early reporting of detected procedural flaws in the monitored procedures.
- Activities for raising awareness for the rights of the citizens in the procedures and the principles of public trial
- Provided publicity of trials for compliance with international standards for fair trials
- At least 30 citizens sent request for monitoring of court proceedings to the Coalition
- Enabled monitoring of 150 hearings in the basic courts in the Republic of North Macedonia
- Published at least 5 legal articles and 1 policy document for detected procedural flaws in the monitored procedures as well as certain problems with the laws or their practical application
- At least 1000 citizens are informed about the principle of public trial and the possibility to request monitoring of court proceedings through posters placed in all basic courts in the Republic of North Macedonia also 1 billboard in front of the basic courts in Skopje will be set with messages about the rights in court proceedings.
Target groups: Basic courts in RNM, prosecutors, lawyers, institutions of the judicial system, general public
Ivana Petkovska – project coordinator
tel: +389 2 6139874
Donor: Government of the Republic of North Macedonia